Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Playlist for August 29, 2007




Steel Mill featuring
Bruce Springsteen
7th And Marshall Street Parking Deck
Richmond, Virginia
August 14, 1970

(Excerpts)

Come On
KT88
The War Is Over
Why'd You Do That?
Sherlock Goes Holmes
Ressurection
He's Guilty (Send That Boy To Jail)


The Buzzcocks
The Palladium
New York City
1 December 1979
WNEW FM Broadcast
contains the same flaws as the broadcast

1. I Don't Mind
2. Autonomy
3. Ever Fallen In Love
4. Mad Mad Judy
5. Sixteen
6. Pulsebeat
7. Noise Annoys
8. Love You More
9. What Do I Get?
10. //Harmony In My Head (Tape flip-last minute of the song only)
11. Everybody's Happy Nowadays, You Say...(false start)
12. You Say You Don't Love Me
13. I Don't Know What To Do With My Life
14. I Believe
15. Fast Cars
16. Breakdown
17. Boredom

Notes from the taper:

This, in my opinion, is the closest thing to a perfect Buzzcocks performance that I have heard.

The entire show is excellent. The closest thing to a problem in the performance is I Believe, and
it's the best version I've heard.

The final 8 minutes are absolutely stunning.


Jimi Hendrix Experience - Sotheby's auction tapes

01. Jazz Jimi Jazz
02. Electric Ladyland (blues)
03. She's So Fine
04. Castles Made Of Sand
05. Spanish Castle Magic (inst)
06. South Saturn Delta
07. Electric Ladyland (drums)
08. Wait Until Tomorrow
09. Ain't No Telling
10. Little One (1)
11. Little One (2)
12. Golden Rose
13. Bold As Love
14. EXP
15. Up From The Skies

Notes from the taper:

These tracks, also known as the Axis Outtakes, nearly never made it past Kathy Etchingham's
dustbin. Luckily they were retrieved and ended up in an auction at Sotheby's in December 1981.

Since then they have turned up in various guises on collectors lists and of course have been

treated to the usual shabby mangling on various bootleg releases.

Over the years I've had various copies of these tracks from terrible to very good. These however are the best I have ever come across and were supplied to me by a very reliable source who told me he had managed to track down and obtain a dub from the masters on DAT. Given the quality I have no reason to doubt his claim.

No comments: